Where there is love there is life. -Mahatma Gandi

Friday, January 21, 2011

Food Friday: Pantry Pork Loin

I'm calling it Pantry Pork Loin because all the ingredients are things that I think most of us would have in our pantry on any given day. The original recipe (or something close to it) was from a Men's Health I believe.

You need: Dijon Mustard, Olive Oil, Syrup, Garlic and Salt & Pepper. Oh, and a pork loin! One small loin tends to be the perfect amount for two generous servings.

You could mix this in a bowl, but I tend to use a ziplock for easy clean-up. Precise measurements are not required, but add approximately 3T of each dijon, olive oil and syrup, and a clove or two worth of garlic. Then S&P!Cut the loin into medallions.Add the pork to the marinade and mix it up! I try to do this in the early afternoon so the flavor can soak in all day, but I also do it right before I throw it in the pan and it still tastes delicious!

Cook the pork in a saute pan or a cast iron skillet (I avoid non-stick because it doesn't brown as nicely).Flip them once they've browned on one side.And serve! We like to eat wild rice and some veges with ours, but it would go with just about any starch and vegetable. I love this recipe because of the easy prep and since I already have most of the ingredients on hand, it is inexpensive too!

No comments: