Today's recipe is from the cookbook 'Real Simple: Meals Made Easy' which I highly recommend. Everything is simple and quick and I continually use a lot of the recipes in it.
Okay....ingredients:
- Olive Oil
- Garlic
- 1 lb Potatoes
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup White Wine (I use a cheap Chardonnay)
- 2 Tbs cold Butter
- Rosemary Sprigs
- S&P
Cut potatoes into small pieces. Toss with a little olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary and S&P. Lay them out in a baking dish or pan (give them room, don't squish them too tight or they wont brown). Into the oven at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, the chicken only takes about 15 minutes to cook, so don't start it right away. But put a little butter or oil into your pan and cook them up with a little garlic, S&P and the rest of the rosemary.
Once the chicken is done, put it on your plate and add the wine to pan. Simmer it for a few minutes. Then remove from heat and 2 Tbs COLD butter and whisk or stir it in until completely combined. You should have a nice silky sauce.
Serve up the potatoes next to the chicken and spoon on the sauce!
3 comments:
Looks tasty!
Did you smash your chicken before you cooked it? If I don't do that, my chicken will get burnt before it fully cooks, and it would take way longer than 15 minutes in the skillet.
I finally found a happy medium, smash it to half it's thickness, sear it on both sides for a few minutes, then into the oven for about 10 minutes, and it comes out so perfect,tender and juicy!
I need to learn your trick though. Your chicken looks so yummy and not burnt for being only skillet cooked!
I buy it presmashed, only because it's always trimmed of all the fat and a smaller portion. I hate trimming fat haha!
Oh I was going to say...once the chicken starts browning I always put in white wine and then cover it to finish cooking. MMMM always tender! You could do chicken broth too.
Post a Comment