Where there is love there is life. -Mahatma Gandi

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Birthday Photo Booth


Since Hez's birthday was at a park, I didn't feel the need (or desire!) to do any organized sort of game. But I did want something fun for everybody to do, so I decided to construct a photo booth of sorts. It was pretty inexpensive, the frame is just a few pieces of PVC and the fabric is some sort of fake cheap velvet. I used iron tape to make a simple curtain to hang from the frame, no sewing required! The one thing I was worried about was sunlight shinging through the back since the fabric was so thin, but I clamped a piece of black-out fabric I already had to the back.But I wanted more than just a red curtain, and since nobody seems to sell large circus font letters I decided to make them myself. The actual project was easy, but incredibly time consuming. First I cut out two of each letter and used strips of poster board to make some 3D letters.Then several layers of paper mache.Then some spray paint.Then a little gold paint for details.And once I set up the tripod and camera I ended up with this! Next to our 'photo booth' was a bucket full of props: the barbell from his invitation picture, top hats, big glasses, mustaches and clown noses...most of which was from the dollar store. I did a vintage effect on all the photos too.

No comments: