Where there is love there is life. -Mahatma Gandi

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our story!

We were introduced by my friend, Tim, while downtown last November. I offered to drive Eli home so he wouldn’t have to worry about getting pulled over since he had had a drink, and he accepted. Nobody ended up leaving until hours later, and I am quite sure by then he didn’t need a ride…but I wasn’t about to say anything!

I gave him my number and the next morning he called for a ride back to his car. He offered to stop for coffee and we talked in front of Starbucks all afternoon. We’ve been inseparable ever since!

We started the New Year together and shortly after on February 12 I was surprised with a ring in my ice cream…and of course I said YES!!!


Now we’re living the life with a puppy, a blind cat, four chickens (down from six after a coyote ate dinner), a backyard in the making and a vegetable garden! Wedding plans have begun and my parents are busy getting the backyard finished, hopefully in time for a summer evening wedding!

I had the privilege of going dress shopping yesterday with my Mom (Ronda), my sister (Stephanie), his Mom (Kim), his sister (Callie), and our little flower girl (Kaylin)! It was easier than I expected...I ended up with the very first dress I tried on! Very 50’s, very me! Thanks to Kim for finding it! Today Eli and I went shopping for his suit and shoes…we’re ready to go!

On a side note…we just want to thank everybody for all the help and support you have been giving us! We have such amazing families and friends! And Dad & Mom, I couldn’t do this without you! I love you!


Keep in touch with us on our website, we'll keep it updated as we count down the days to our wedding!

1 comment:

The Carlson's said...

We are so excited for you guys! We can't wait till the wedding! It is gonna be beautiful, but not as beautiful as you are gonna be! Congrats! Keep up with the updates!